Get rid of the Shopperify ads virus, which infects Macs without user consent and injects almost all visited web pages with annoying advertisements.
What is Shopperify virus
Shopperify is an adware targeting computers that run the latest macOS Sierra and earlier Mac OS X version. It always displays unwanted ads with discount and coupon content all over websites accessed from an infected system. Generally, people will see ads with the label “Powered by Shopperify” almost every website, even on some famous news website such as CNN, BBC, etc.
Shopperify is identical to Optibuy, Surfbuyer, and MyShopmate. These annoying ads include a shape of splash screens, banners, popup ads with deals, coupons and freebies, as well as comparison shopping sections. The Shopperify virus is also able to inject ads into results pages returned by search engines. Another type is full-page transitional ads triggered in the background which let user consider it is ads from the official website.
Just like other adware, Shopperify infects Macs with fake adobe flash player update alert and freeware. This spreading mechanism is generally known as bundling and hijack the normal installation process. This way, users may think they are installing an adobe flash player or some other free version of the famous application. Users should reject all additional items during installation.
Remove Shopperify virus manually
- Click “Go” button on Finder menu bar and open Application Folder as shown below
2. Locate Shopperify executable file on the application folder. Right-click on it and select Move to Trash.
3. Like the last step, locate the other components of adware such as “MyMacUpdater”, “MySoftUpdate”, “CoreUpdates”, “My-Soft-Update”, “My-SoftUpdate” and “MySoftUpdate” on the same folder, and remove these files to trash.
4. Click “Go” button on menu bar again and select “Go to Folder…”
5. Input /Library/LaunchDaemons on popup dialog window and Press return, then a folder named “LaunchDaemons” will open.
6. Locate com.Shopperify.agent.plist file on the LaunchDaemons folder. Right-click on it and select Move to Trash.
7. Locate other adware files with name “com.MyMacUpdater.agent.plist”, “com.MySoftUpdate.agent.plist”, “com.CoreUpdates.agent.plist”, “com.My-Soft-Update.agent.plist”, “com.My-SoftUpdate.agent.plist” and “com.MySoftUpdate.agent.plist” on the same folder. Right-click on it and select Move to Trash.
8. At last, empty system trash bin and reboot system.
Get rid of Shopperify in web browser
Reset Browser preferences to remove extensions and homepage hijacked by Shopperify. The overview of steps for this procedure is as follows:
1. Reset Safari
• Open Safari and go to Safari menu. Select Reset Safari in the drop-down list
• Make sure all the boxes are ticked on the interface and hit Reset
2. Reset Chrome
• Open Google Chrome preference
• Restore home page
Go to “Appearance” section, and delete unwanted url on home page setting.
• Restore search engine
Go to “search engines” section, and delete unwanted search engines. Then select Google as default.
3. Install free of charge AdBlock extension (https://getadblock.com)
Removal Shopperify automatically with Adware Removal Pro
If you can’t remove this adware manually, I will recommend one powerful application to remove this adware automatically. And you can also use this app to check if there is other adware/malware installed on your Mac.
- Download Adware Removal Pro from the below link
- Once you downloaded Adware Removal Pro, please open it and click clean button