Remove Mackeeper redirect virus, which hijacks Safari and other web browsers on Mac OS X to intercept one’s Internet traffic and pop up scam alerts.
MacKeeper is a PUP (potential unwanted program) from a ‘famous’ developer. It pop-ups fake threats and system problems that attempted to scare the user purchase their product.
Some other adware like “Pirrit” always hijack users browser to pop up Mackeeper ads because of the affiliate. These ads will scam users there are junks and threats on their Mac.
How to remove Mackeeper Ads manually
If you don’t install Mackeeper application but still see Mackeeper ads on browser frequently, especially your browsers open ssp.zryydi.com and ssp.fwrdy.com automatically, it means there are “Pirrit” adware on your Mac.
Pirrit always installs adware files with random names on your Mac. It is very difficult for users to identify all infected files and remove them completely.
1. Click “Go” button on the menu bar and select “Go to Folder…”
2. Input /Library/LaunchDaemons on popup dialog window and Press return, then a folder named “LaunchDaemons” will open.
3. Check the name of each file in the LauchDaemons folder. The normal plist file is always named as “com.<company name>.<product name>.plist. For instance: com.google.Chrome.plist, com.teamviewer.helper.plist.
But the malicious plist file is named as “com.<random characters>.plist, for instance: com.stagewise.plist, com.ZikcKtiR.plist.
If you don’t find potential malicious files in LaunchDaemons folder, it might be because of this adware changes the naming rule. You can download our free tool Adware Removal Pro to clean adware automatically.
4. Go to “/Library/LaunchAgents” folder and remove all malicious files.
5. Go to “~/Library/LaunchAgents” folder and also remove all malicious files.
6. Empty trash bin and reboot system.
7. Restore browser homepage and search engines hijacked by adware.
How to remove MacKeeper application and ads automatically
Step1: Remove MacKeeper with Adware Removal Pro
Adware Removal Pro is a powerful tool which is designed to remove adware and browser hijackers from Apple Mac OS X.
2. Once you have downloaded Adware Removal Pro, please open it and click the Clean button.