This blog explains how the Safe Finder hijacks browsers on Mac OS and provides comprehensive instructions to remove safe finder virus.
What is Safe Finder
How to get rid of or uninstall safe finder from Safari, Chrome & Firefox on your Mac is very complicated. A lot of people asked What is safe finder? Is safe finder safe? Is safe finder a virus? I want to delete safe finder.
Safe Finder is one kind of adware which can hijacks browser homepage and default search engine. It always redirects users to yahoo search engine with one “safe finder” logo.
Besides hijacks browsers, it will also install other PUA (Potential Unwanted Application) to users’ Mac machine, such as Advance Mac Cleaner, Malware Crusher, Advanced Password Manager, etc.
Just like other adware, Shopperify infects Macs with fake adobe flash player update alert and freeware. This spreading mechanism is generally known as bundling and hijack the normal installation process. This way, users may think they are installing an adobe flash player or some other free version of the famous application. Users should reject all additional items during installation.
How to remove Safe finder manually
1. Click “Go” button on the menu bar and select “Go to Folder…”
2. Input ~/Library/LaunchAgents on popup dialog window and Press return, then a folder named “LaunchAgents” will open.
3. Locate “com.Mughthesec.plist”, “com.Safe Surf Finder.plist”, “com.
4. Click “Go” button again on the menu bar and select “Go to Folder…”
5. Input ~/
6. Locate “com.Mughthesec”, “com.Safe Surf Finder”, “com.
7. Open Safari preferences and switch to extensions tab, examining the installed extensions and remove “AnySearch” extension.
8. Open Chrome and Safari preferences, reset homepage and search engine on it.
9. At last, please remember to Empty Trashbin and reboot system.
How to remove Safe Finder automatically
If you can’t remove this adware manually, I will recommend one powerful application to remove this adware automatically. And you can also use this app to check if there is other adware/malware installed on your Mac.
Step1: Remove SafeFinder with Adware Removal Pro
Adware Removal Pro is a powerful tool which is designed to remove adware and browser hijackers from Apple Mac OS X.
1. You can download Adware Removal Pro from the below:
2. Once you have downloaded Adware Removal Pro, please open it and click the Clean button.
Step2: Block Mac Ads Cleaner pop-up ads with AdBlock Master